Bitcoin’s valuation keeps on flooding; Silicon Valley specialists foresee that this digital currency would before long be the most significant cyber asset. Bitcoins are put away in wallets, and in the event that you are new to the universe of digital forms of money, you must realize that having one in your cell phone is a need.
In any case, you should be extremely cautious as a significant number Bitcoin wallets are vulnerable to hacking.As you may know, bitcoins are normally put away inside software wallets. Such wallets are accessible on basically every operating system, including iOS.
You can send and get payments, make online and offline purchases, monitor your investments, and that’s just the beginning. While there are numerous bitcoin wallets accessible for the iPhone, not all are similarly secure and dependable. It’s principal to utilize a wallet from a trustworthy organization that meets all industry controls and to secure its clients against cyber crooks.
Tips for securely storing your bitcoin
Always remember the following tips when storing bitcoin to help ensure the security of your crypto holdings:
- Enable two-factor authentication
- BackUp Your Wallet
- Double-check everything
- Consider offline storage
- Use a strong password
What to Look for in a Bitcoin Wallet
Few other criteria I looked into before selecting these Wallets as there are different types of Bitcoin wallet available in the market.
I think a Bitcoin wallet, irrespective of whether it is a software or a hardware wallet should fit in these things.
- Control private keys
- Simple interface
- Backup & security features
- Developer community
- Ease of use
- New address
10 Best Bitcoin Wallets for iOS Devices
Coinbase’s founders have a proven startup track record and have raised money from very prominent venture capitalists. It has apps for both iOS and Android, and features built-in wallets for bitcoins, ether, and the good old US dollar.
This gives Coinbase a level of legitimacy unparalleled in the Bitcoin space. They are also one of the only large Bitcoin companies to never suffer a major hack.
The wallets are very secure, requiring a three-step verification process in order to access the Coinbase app.
- Highest Security of all Wallets
- Has Biggest Exchanges
- You can Sell any Coins at Standard Price w/o exchange to $.
- Fees are very High even if we are selling to them
- Since it is online wallet more prone to attack when compared to Hardware wallet’s.
Airbitz is a mobile Bitcoin Wallet making high levels of privacy, security, and decentralization very familiar and usable to the masses.
Airbitz wallets are always automatically encrypted, backed up, and even function when Airbitz servers go down.
- Hosted control over your money
- Decentralized validation
- Basic transparency
- Secure environment
- Basic privacy
- Dynamic fee suggestions
Created by one of the biggest Bitcoin payment service providers, Bitpay.
Copay is a great, secure alternative to storing your Bitcoins.
- More than one Signature is required for a transaction
- It is Open source
- Not User friendly
- Based on Multi-signature hard to use for everyone.
Jaxx was started in 2014 and has quickly become one of the most popular mobile bitcoin wallets around.
However, it doesn’t only store bitcoin, as it also supports Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and more than 50 other cryptocurrencies.
- Multi-platform and can be accessed across many different type of devices.
- More secured as Hackers cannot steal the coins stored on physical device.
- For any transaction we do it takes time to reflect when compared with other wallets.
- One drawback to be wary of, with reports in June 2017 revealing that a “vulnerability” in Jaxx had resulted in the theft of US$400,000 in customer funds.
Bread – Also known as Breadwallet
This is consistently the market driving portable wallet favored for iOS.
It is a genuine independent bitcoin client; actually, the first iOS wallet to be so. It has no server that could be hacked or that could go down. Likewise, as it is specifically associated with the Bitcoin network utilizing SPV mode, it doesn’t charge anything additional for exchanges.
This is a to a great degree lightweight application and along these lines sits simple on the telephone.
Presently, with this application, you can purchase Bitcoins specifically utilizing the app,in the US. It will add Ethereum to its list and may move to different Altcoins also later on. As far as possible is that at present it works just on the Apple iOS.
If you’re looking for a straightforward way to send and receive Bitcoin and store it on your phone, then this android application is a good alternative to the options above.
- Very User friendly and easy to Use
- Mobile App is supported.
- Not secured
- Extra fees are charged if purchasing from Mobile APP.
Please remember the following rules when using a mobile wallet:
- Always set a pin code protection for your wallet if possible
- Never store large amounts of Bitcoin on your mobile wallet
- Write down 12-24 word seed you get when you set up your wallet and keep in a safe/secure place.
- Every wallet allowed into GooglePlay is verified.
- When you download the app, make sure the app page is secure (https://) only.
Do let me know which wallets you are using.
Thanks for sharing!